17th China International Forum on Solid State Lighting
&2020 International Forum on Wide Bandgap Semiconductors
Call for Papers-2nd Round
China International Forum on Solid State Lighting （SSLCHINA）is a global high level forum sponsored by China Solid State LightingAlliance (CSA) aiming at promoting the international exchange and cooperationof semiconductor lighting technology and application and lead the developmentdirection for the emerging semiconductor lighting industry, comprehensivelycover innovative development of technology and equipment, raw materials, epitaxialchip，packaging， products and applications of the industry,provide the whole industry chain cooperation platform on a worldwide scale, andcommit to expand the target market concerned by the industry. In the past 15years, SSLCHINA has presented more than 1700 lectures from the top SSL scholarsworldwide including the Nobel laureates. The cumulative number of participants islarger than 25,000 from more than 70 countries.
International Forum on Wide Bandgap Semiconductors China（IFWS）is a global high level forum sponsored by the China AdvancedSemiconductor Industry Innovation Alliance (CASA). The forum aims to promote collaborativeinnovation of industries including wide bandgap semiconductor materials,equipments, devices and related applications. Connecting research and industry,the forum focuses on the roadmap, application needs, integrated innovation ofwide bandgap semiconductor technology and other topics, divided into severalsessions for in-depth discussions. In the past three years, IFWS invites theworld's top academic speakers in the field of wide bandgap semiconductors toshare the most advanced technological trends. The forum has developed into acomprehensive professional forum with industry influence.
Since 2016, SSLCHINA and IFWS have been held concurrently to join forcesand to present a brighter future with LED+ and advanced electronic materials tothe audience.
Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
Venue： Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center Guangdong China
China SolidState Lighting Alliance (CSA)
ChinaAdvanced Semiconductor Industry Innovation Alliance (CASA)
Technical Program Committee：
ZHANG Rong——President and Professor of XiamenUniversity
P201: The Technology inSubstrate, Epitaxy and Wafer Growth Equipment
Silicon Carbide (SiC)and Gallium Nitride (GaN) are probably the most popular Wide band-gapsemiconductor materials whose importance cannot be overestimated in the powerdevices for high frequency applications and the quality of the materialdirectly determines the performance of the device. The themes of this section cover thematerials for substrate, homo/heteroepitaxial growth, characterization andassociated equipment which ultimately lead to the discussion from mechanism toindustrial production. World leading scientists have been invited to this conferencewho will demonstrate their most recent development in specified areas.
- The influence of Materials on Epitaxy (MO source,other PVD source and epitaxial mechanism)
- The Growth and Manufacture of Wafer
- Defects and Characterization
- The Progress of Equipment in Research, Manufactureand Detection
P202: Technologies for Power Electronic Devices and Packaging
As typical of Wideband-gap semiconductor materials, SiC and GaN represent the developmentdirection of power electronic devices, and havegreat potential application in the new generation of electric power conversionand management system with high efficiency and small size such as electricvehicles, industrial motors, etc .
SiC/GaN power devices with novel structures andprocesses, gate drive design, the design and manufacture of power modules withhigh speed and high efficiency, reliability and applications in SiC/GaN basedpower system, etc. The latest progress in power electronic devices based on SiCand GaN will be presented.
- SiC/GaN basedpower system
- SiC/GaNPower electronics devices gate driver design
- SiC/GaNPower electronics devices packaging technology
- SiC/GaNPower electronics devices application
- SiC/GaNPower electronics devices market research
P203: RF Technology and5G Mobile Communication
Featured with High frequency, high efficiencyand high power, the wide band gap semiconductor GaN based RF devices are nowrepresenting the great potential for the new generation of mobile communicationtechnology. The breakthrough in this specific area is the new strategichighland of global semiconductor industry. The topics in this session cover GaNmicrowave devices and MMIC epitaxy, model, design and manufacturing,reliability and applications in mobile communications. The domestic and foreignwell-known experts will be invited to give talks in this session. The latestprogress of microwave devices and applications in wide bandage semiconductorwill be presented.
-High Efficiency GaN Microwave Device Technology
-GaN Epitaxial Technology for High Efficiency Microwave Device
-GaN Monolithic Microwave IC Design
-Process of GaN Microwave Devices
-Large Signal Equivalent Circuit Modeling and Physical Modeling of GaN MicrowaveDevices
-Application of GaN devices and circuits in mobile communication
- Application of GaN HEMT Device in 5G MobileCommunication
P204: Solid-StateUltraviolet Device Technology
In recent years, people continue to get a breakthroughin the research and application of ultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materialsrepresented by diamond, gallium oxide, aluminum nitride, boron nitride, etc.The ultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materials have a larger bandgap, higherthermal conductivity and better material stability, which have significantadvantages and great potential for developing new generation of deepultraviolet optoelectronic devices, high voltage/power electronic devices andother significant applications. This session focuses on the fabrication of theultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materials, process technology, key equipmentand device applications, aims at building a high-quality exchange platform forthe communication among industry, academia and capital, discusses the newtechnologies and new trends of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materialsand devices.
- AINand Other Novel Substrate Materials for UV Optoelectronic Devices
- Design and Epitaxial Growth of Nitride Semiconductor UVLight Emitting and Detecting Materials
- P - Type Doping of AlGaN epitaxial films with High AlComposition
- High Efficiency Solid State Ultraviolet Light EmittingDevices
- High Sensitivity Ultraviolet Detection and ImagingDevices
- Light Extraction of Packaging and Modules of UV Light Source
- New Progress of Ultraviolet UV SemiconductorMaterials and Devices
P205: LED Chip,Packaging and Modules Technology
The rapid developmentof white LED in the past ten years has been focusing on light efficiency andcost. Under the environment of new economy and new driving forces in 13th FiveYear Plan, what are the development opportunities for LED industry? What is thelatest development of manufacturing technology of chip and package? High colorrendering, full-spectrum LED light source …. Flip chip LED into the matureperiod, its performance advantage and price adjustment affects not only themarket trend of chip, but also the technology trend of package and module. Thewide application of flip chip promotes the technological revolution of chipscale package (CSP) and FC-COB with high power and high light density, changesthe situation that traditional package stents and high-power ceramic packageoccupy important position. Recently GaN on Si based LED won the NationalScience and Technology Invention Award, become a hot topic in the industryagain, how does it change market prospects of chip and packaging applications?
What is the latestprogress and development tendency of technologies, such as LED chip process,package material, fluorescent powder coating, lens design, wafer level packageand integrated optical engine driven by high voltage AC (DOB)? What role do these technologies play in theindustrial structure change in the future? Please pay attention to the latestdevelopment of chip, package and module technology.
- NewProgress of LED Chip Manufacturing Technologies
- High Efficient UV, Blue, Green and Red ChipTechnology
- MountedChips, Flip Chip and Vertical Chip Technology
- Latest Development of LED Packaging Materials(Substrate, Solid Crystal Materials, Silica Gel, Fluorescent Powder, etc.)
- FluorescentPowder, Quantum Dot Technology and Coating Technology
- LensDesign and Optic Module
- Chiplevel and Wafer Level Packaging Technology
- Multi-chipPackaging, Design and Optimization of COB
- NewDevelopment of Light Source with High Quality and Full Spectrum
- Advanced Packaging Technology and ManufacturingTechnology with High Sigma and Low Color Tolerance
- The New Generation of LED Light Source and LightEngine
P206: LED Lighting inBio-Agriculture
Light is one of themost important factors in agricultural production, which plays a pivotal rolein regulating growth and development of animal and plant as well asmicroorganism, and plays irreplaceable role in achieving high yield, highquality and high efficiency. Particularly in modern agricultural productionsystems, artificial light has been widely applied in new fields such asprotected horticulture, intensive livestock & poultry culture, aquacultureand marine fishing, propagation of edible fungi and microalgae, and plantprotection by trapping insects etc. Currently, the fundamental &application research of LED in bio-agriculture is very active, and someprogress have been achieved in mechanisms of animal and plant responding tolight quality, “light recipes” research, and LED light source creation inbio-agriculture and its application demonstration in modern agriculture etc.However, some fundamental theories and industry developmental orientations areneeded to be further explored, such as establishing data base of light recipesfor bio-agriculture, developing LED lighting facilities with high efficiencyfor bio-agriculture, jointing LED industry and modern agriculture industrialchain effectively, et al. Bio-agriculture session of SSLCHINA will assembledomestic and foreign experts to focus on the current hot points and leadingquestions of LED applied in agriculture, discuss the latest progress and developmentin mechanisms of animal and plant responding to light quality and “lightrecipes”, and explore new concepts, new technologies, and new achievements inLED combing with modern agriculture such as plant factory, seedling nursery,supplementary lighting in greenhouses, intensive livestock & poultryculture, propagation of edible fungi and microalgae, and plant protection bytrapping insets. This session will provide a platform to explore thesequestions, catch the industry pulse and point out the orientation for theapplication of LED lighting in modern agriculture.
- Advances in Biological(Animal and Plant) Responses to Light Qualities
- Bio-Agricultural Light Recipes Technology
- Manufacturing Technologyand New Technology of Bio-Agricultural LED Lamps
- Advances in LED Modern Agriculture (Plant Factory,Seedling Nursery, Supplementary Lighting in Greenhouses, intensive livestock& poultry culture, Aquaculture, Marine Fishing, Propagation of Edible Fungiand Microalgae Plant Protection by Trapping Insets)
- Energy Saving Design in LED for Bio-Agriculture
- New Materials and NewTechnologies of LED for Agriculture
- Design and Optimizationof Low Cost LED for Agriculture
P207: LightQuality and Lighting for Health
With the rapidadvance of LED light and lighting technology, people now striveoptimum health and colour quality of light. LED light source is compact andeasy control and provides opportunities and challenges for achieving goodwell-being and visual comfort. With the expanding of application requirements,we can now design better lighting indoor and outdoor environment by optimizinglighting parameters via its control system.
More recently, due toin-depth study on the mechanism and the effect of light on human health and thesuccess of LED device development, application of LED in daily life andwell-being have largely increased. It is now becoming a new blue ocean of LEDapplication and leads to new research for better understanding of the impact oflighting on visual development, visual physiology. The conference provides theforum for industrial and academic experts.
As for colour quality,it is also a hot topic in lighting field to achieve good visual comfort indifferent applications. It is associated with various visual perceptions suchas preference, vividness, naturalness, attractiveness, discrimination, etc,beyond the frequently used color fidelity.
- Photobiological investigation of light radiationdamage and health conditioning,
- Mechanism for the Effects of Light on Visual Health,
- New LED Light Source for Health and MedicalApplications,
- Quality Evaluation and Application of LightEnvironment,
- Standardization for Healthy Lighting and ClinicalTrials on LED Phototherapy,
- LED Applications in Healthy Lighting and Optical Medicine,
- Light Environmental Design to consider Healthy andLighting Quality,
- Control Technologies for LED Healthy and ColourQuality Lighting,
- Development and Evaluation of Color QualityMetrics including Color Fidelity, Color Gamut, luminance, CCT, and
- Color Quality metrics for different applications.
P208: Micro-LED and otherNovel Display
Semiconductor light emission devices are the fundamentalof displays and solid-state lighting. Novel display and lighting technologieshave been well developed these years because of systematically investigation ofvarious light emitting devices, and offer a bright future of versatileapplications of information displays and lighting. The devices for noveldisplay and lighting include: Micro-LED, Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs),Quantum Dot LEDs (QLEDs), LIMO laser, Perovskite LEDs (PerLEDs), and othernovel Semiconductor light emitting device. Micro-LEDs have been developingparticularly rapidly in recent years. Key technologies of these devicesinclude: light emitting efficiency, brightness/illuminance, working voltage,color gamut, response speed, integration, lifetime and reliability, thermaltechnology, etc. In terms of system application, novel backplane, drive andcontrol circuit, panel manufacturing process, laser-related technologies, etc.，progress of these technologies isvery important to novel displays and lighting technologies. Smart pixels andsmart displays based on interaction and interaction are gaining attention,integrating Micro-LEDs, detectors, sensors, micro ICs and other unique featuresinto displays to create highly integrated semiconductor information displays(HISIDs) for outstanding performance Interactive and immersive experience
- Micro-LED Material, Devices, Drive,Characterization and Application Technologies
- OLED Material, Devices, Drive, Characterizationand Application Technologies
- Technologies for Laser Display and Lighting
- QLED Material, Devices, Drive, Characterizationand Application Technologies
- PerLED and Other Novel Light Emitting Devices
- Advanced Thin Film Technology for Display
- Flexible Backplane and Packaging Technology
- Transparent Conductive Materials
- Circuit Drive and Control Technologies forNovel Diaplay
- Highly Integrated Semiconductor InformationDisplays ( HISID ) Technologies
P209: Ultra-Wide BandgapSemiconductor and other Advanced Semiconductor
In recent years, people continue to get abreakthrough in the research and application of ultra-wide bandgapsemiconductor materials represented by diamond, gallium oxide, aluminumnitride, boron nitride, etc. The ultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materialshave a larger bandgap, higher thermal conductivity and better materialstability, which have significant advantages and great potential for developingnew generation of deep ultraviolet optoelectronic devices, high voltage/powerelectronic devices and other significant applications. This session focuses onthe fabrication of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductor materials, processtechnology, key equipment and device applications, aims at building ahigh-quality exchange platform for the communication among industry, academiaand capital, discusses the new technologies and new trends of the ultra-widebandgap semiconductor materials and devices.
- Key equipmenttechnology for fabrication of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors
- Fabrication andmaterial study of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors
- Power electronicstechnology of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors
- Optoelectronic devicetechnology of the ultra-wide bandgap semiconductors
- Research andapplication of other new semiconductor materials
P210: Technologies forReliability and Thermal Management
Chip junction temperature has always been an important factor limitingthe function and lifetime of semiconductor devices, related thermal management technologiesand reliability analysis have been involved from making a single product to managingthe entire system. In the process, reliability of the whole system will beaffected by advances in technologies such as novel materials for heatdissipation, thermal management technology, reliability oriented design, faultdata and failure analysis, control and reliability screening in manufacturingprocess, accelerated life testing method, failure mode and simulation, etc..
- Defects in nitride semiconductors
- Reliability of new packingmaterials
- Thermal issue & thermal management
- Product reliability estimation
- Process reliability issue
- New failure mechanism/ failure analysis
- Design for reliability/analysis & modelling
- Reliability challenges beyond illumination
1. Authors must submit extended abstracts in advance.
2. Authors will beinformed of paper acceptance with categories of Oral Presentation, PosterPresentation and Conference Proceedings.
3. Authors prepare final submissions depending on the following status:
1) OralPresentations: Authors need to prepare paper and presentation files (PPT/PDF)
2) PosterPresentations: Authors need to prepare paper and poster files (The TechnicalProgram Committee will audit the posters and inform the authors. Authors needto prepare posters according to the template and bring the hardcopy posters tothe designated Poster Display area for wall mounting).
3) ConferenceProceedings: Authors should prepare the papers. Authors have to prepare finalpapers according to the guidelines and given template.
1) Thetemplate can be downloaded from the paper contribution platform of the forum: http://www.sslchina.org/en/paper/ Authorsare required to prepare papers and other materials based on the providedtemplate in time to pass the review successfully.
2) Full length manuscripts of accepted papers willbe published in IEEE Xplore, and Indexed by EI.
1. Basic Requirements
1) The paper shouldnot have been published in other technical publications or by other technicalconferences.
2) Prominent theme,distinct content, accurate data, rigorous discussion, clear conclusion andadopted legal measurement unit.
2. Abstract Submission
Authors arerequired to submit extended abstracts according to the paper format templategiven on the conference website.
3. Paper Format
The paper should be written in APA Format according to the paper formattemplate given on the conference website. The papers should adopt Word format.The total pages of the paper are limited to 4.
4. Language of Abstracts, Posters and Papers
1) Abstracts/posters/papers have to be in StandardEnglish.
2) Both Chinese and English are acceptable for oralpresentations, but only English can be used for the presentation files(PPT/PDF) and conference proceedings.
Note: No commercial promotions allowed forspecific companies and products; otherwise, the papers will not be selected fororal presentations and conference proceedings.
IMPORTANT DATES & METHOD OFSUBMISSION
1. Deadline for full paper and new abstracts submission: Oct 15th, 2020;
2. Deadline for softcopy submission of presentations PPT and posters: November 20th, 2020.
For further questions aboutthe paper submission, please contact us,
2019 Conference Proceedings：